Wednesday 18 March 2015

A pleasant surprise

Frenetic energy - Honey bee foraging
I was approached by Australian Geographic magazine recently for permission to use this image in their newsletter.  Of course, I was thrilled to give my consent.  They asked for a bio and a story behind the image.

Story - Frenetic energy - Honey bee foraging.  
I was basking in the warmth of the sun, enjoying the perfect weather during my lunch break.  The air was still and heavy with the perfume of flowering Melaleucas.  A quiet droning filled my senses as European honeybees took advantage of the bounty.

This worker caught my eye; frenetically visiting each blossom in turn, hovering for a moment before hungrily plunging head-first into each bloom.  I was learning the controls of a new camera at the time and was pleased to capture this moment.                   


The article can be seen HERE 


No comments:

Post a Comment