Tuesday 3 November 2015

White-headed pigeons at Teralba

On the way home from work yesterday, I observed a pair of White-headed pigeons, Columba leucomela foraging under a very large Camphor laurel tree.  The location was somewhat unexpected, being right on the edge of suburban Teralba, Lake Macquarie.  I grabbed my camera to record the moment, and was incredibly annoyed to realise that I'd left the CF card in the reader at home.  By the time I sourced another CF card from deep within the camera bag, they were gone.

I was ready today - the CF card was loaded and I had a full battery on the camera.  I was pleasantly surprised to see FOUR adult White-headed pigeons foraging under the Camphor laurel tree.  I grabbed a few dodgy photos to confirm the observation and left.  See the images below.  

Adult male (left) and adult female White-headed pigeons, foraging beneath
a very large Camphor laurel tree, Teralba, northern Lake Macquarie NSW. 

Two x adult male White-headed pigeons, Teralba, northern Lake Macquarie, NSW.   

No comments:

Post a Comment